For a very modest subscription SPHS offers a large and growing suite of benefits to its members, both nationally and internationally. All Hellenic Society members are entitled to:
- receive their own copies of JHS and AR
- access not only the Society’s publications but also a wide range of international Hellenic journals online through the JSTOR electronic archive
- use the London library and borrow from the Society’s collection of books and slides – either in person or by post – while living or resident in the UK
- attend all the Society’s lectures and events
- access the online archive of specially commissioned articles and vidcast lectures.
Full – £ 46 / Via Direct Debit
Full - £ 47
Student – £ 25
Life Membership - £235.00
Corporate membership - £200.00
(Student membership is available to students registered at all Universities and other institutions of higher education. It is limited to six years, even if the member is registered as a student for a longer period. After six years of Student Associate membership, the full member rate applies.)
Note on the subscription year: The membership year runs from January to December. Members who join after 1 September may either join for that year and receive the journals published that autumn, or join for the following year, in which case they can use the Library, borrow books and enjoy the other benefits from the date of joining, but will not receive their journals until the November of the following year. Please indicate clearly on the registration form whether you wish to join for the current year or next year.
Other categories of membership:
LIFE MEMBERSHIP: UK £235 or US $376 (available to those who are 65 or over and who have been members of the Society for at least five years.)
CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP: UK £200 or US $400. Corporate Membership is open to companies wishing to support the Society. The company name is listed in the JHS and companies are invited to nominate up to five members of their staff who will be able to use the Library.
If you wish to pay by sterling cheque please download an application form and post it to the office